• Remember that God causes all things to work together for our ultimate good though we might not see it right away
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
• Remember that your times are in God’s hands because he planed and numbered your days with the events of those days
“My times are in your hands” (Psalm 31:15), “He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting” (Psalm 104:19). “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven” (Ecc 3:1)
• Remember that God changes events as he pleases and he has set a time for everything on earth
“Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons (Daniel 2:20-21). “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven” (Eccl 3:1).
• Remember that, that is the best God has for you at that time though it might not seem best to you
“I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11)
• Remember to do all your planning with a view of God’s sovereign control of the universe in mind
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit” yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that” (James 4:13-15)